COOLANT RECIRCULATING WATERBED
INNOVATION: INTRODUCING THE FIRST COOLED WATERBED FOR DAIRY CATTLE DESIGNED TO BATTLE HEAT STRESS.
More than a mattress, a recirculating system for cool, enveloping comfort !
Three possible solutions depending on herd size, management needs and the geographic region.
- The water source for the drinkers can be used in an exchanger to cool the water in the bed.
- Cooling via horizontal tubing or vertical captors in a geothermal application.
- Use of a water source in proximity to cool the recirculating water.
Studies have shown that dairy cattle suffer from heat anywhere from 6 to 15 hours per day in the summer. Geographic zones vary the results. This also includes animals in loose housing. As much as 3.5 kilos (over 7 lbs) of milk per day can be sacrificed to the effects of severe heat stress.
With the use of a thermal imaging camera, measures taken show that the top cover with water pouch provides the ability to regulate body temperature and support pressure points for optimum comfort.
- Efficient heat transfer away from the cow due to direct contact.
- Internal heat of the animal can be better managed by the Aquaclim®.
- Calories (btu's)can be effectively eliminated via thermal exchange by a comfortable water pouch.
- The system is both economical and ecologically friendly.
Chopped straw .65 lbs. / day / cow
Thickness: 1.6" for the water pouch + 1.2" of latex = pure comfort